The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
NOW let us drill this down guys

OK: the follwoing facts we have:

- there is no evidence that Dereck bell used a specific Autavia
- there are many people out (outside this forum) who have no details
- there is a very high indication, that there are watches on the market currently, tuned to Dereck Bells.

-------------------------------

So what to do?

-------------------------------

1. Stop using this term DB is the best way.
2. Like we discussed with the Siffert, we have sure the same combinations with Viceroys. Additional complex accessory is the MH bezel. This makes it on other hand also more easy.

So for VICs we have

Mark 1 = Chronomatic: again I would not call it mark but Chronomatic ans start wit MArk in the next step

Mark 2 = cal 11, big block, steel hands, 36912, MH Bezel

Mark 3 = same but with black/bluen inlay hands

Mark 4 = Viceroy

I believe from my experience with mark1-mark 3: these have 141xxx ONLY cases; I would accept 242xxx also if we have evidence: but ANYTHING above this is clear a Viceroy..

Jeff the watch with steel inlay hands and Viceroy dial: is this a real watch: I dont think....espcially I observed (and feel) that these blackblue inlay hands are service hands by heuer. These hands are used also at Carrera watches with Val 72 movement and I believe they fit on cal 11/cal12. The diameter of the hand hole is little smaller and with a very small adjustment, they fit also on cal 11/cal12:

comments?

----------------------Any comments, upgrades from you guys?

ape

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE