The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Can't Wait to See this White-Dial Orange Boy..

Bullitt:

Of course, I can hardly wait to see this one. It will also be very interesting to learn the serial number for this one, to see how it fits in with the first Viceroys.

I am not certain, but I believe that the usual Orange Boy that we see, as shown below, may have come before the Viceroy and it may have been this one, from which Heuer derived the Viceroy special for the Viceroy promotion. So perhaps the sequence was Orange Boy, then the Viceroy. Of course, seeing the racer in the advertisement wearing what looks like an Orange Boy may support the theory, unless it was only the Art Department touching up a standard Auatavia to add the stripes on the minute recorder.

Thanks so much for sharing this discovery!!

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I think there's no poor man Siffert.
: This is a rare white version of the Orange Boy, talking about my
: 1163.
: Only Museum saw another before mine: Alberto is one of the best
: "Autavia addicted".
: I can tell you in these pictures this dial is not beautifull like
: in person.

: It's simply fantastic!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE