The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I remember seeing a documentary...

...about a guy in the US (in the 60's I think) that bought up the old watches and alarm clocks in order to try to build a miniature nuclear reactor from all the lume gathered off the dials and hands.
Sounds mad now, but there were actually instructions in the Scouts handbooks of the day!!

He used a Geiger counter to ID the correct stuff!
I'll try to find the story, I saw the show years ago, so can't remember the details.

Cheers
Stewart

: Thanks Stewart.

: I enjoyed writing it - one portion science, one portion horology,
: gently dusted with just enough watch nerdiness to taste :)

: My sort of article.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE