The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: I remember seeing a documentary...

Happened in a CSI: New York episode too, I have a feeling they might have referenced a real-life occurrence in that as well.

The scouting guides used to have all sorts in - did you ever see the QI where they were talking about what it says to do as a scout if someone is attempting to commit suicide on the railway? Jump on the line yourself and hold them down with your body whilst the train passes overhead apparently. Yeah, right. I think maybe they got "Scouting for boys" confused with "Scouting for John McClane" actually - yippie-kay-aye!!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE