The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: What's Hot -- Monacos and Automatic Autavia GMTs

I have to agree with Jeff that there has been a signicant increase in values of certain models of Heuer's.
As he indicated good 1133B Monaco's are now over the US$10000 mark & a mint one at US$12000.
I see good auto GMT's at closer to US$4000 with the provision that the pepsi bezel is original & in a good state.
Each summer we see White Montreal's climb another few hundred $, they are currently around $3300 for a good/v.good example.
Early 1st edition 2446 Valjoux.72 Autavia's are seldom in the market place. When they come people bid hard knowing its tough to find. Hard to fix a price to these. As with PVD Monaco's , all Chronomatic's & the like, they are not frequently sold & even less frequently traded in the public eye.
The one that has surprised me most is the Master Time Dash Timers, particularly the 1st edition with only 3,6,9 on the dial. These are consistantly sold at over $1800 now. (No doubt you'll see these at a later date paired up to make a Master Time set)
We continue to see some hard to find parts such as double rice GF bracelets obtaining unheard of prices.
These are the greatest gainers over the last 18 months , the question is where is the next Big thing. My guess - Heuer signed complete movements as collectors (new & old) try to get their parts bin projects up and running.
- Darren

-
: What's hot right now?

: I begin the discussion with the observation that good blue Monacos
: (or black PVD) and automatic GMTs seem to have "broken
: out" of their previous price ranges. Standard Monaco 1133B
: . . . around $12,000, in near mint condition. Automatic Autavia
: GMT, 1163 or 11630 . . . above $3,000, for nice ones. These are
: not "through the roof" jumps, but strong, steady moves
: from previous levels.

: Jeff

: +++++++++++++++++++++

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE