The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Your opinion on 2446c and 11630 GMT options

I am looking for some advice on my 2446c and 11630 GMT, please will you let me know what you think:

1. 2446c. I am sending it off for a service, what do you think about the T insert? I prefer the MH one but I already have a 2446c and a 7763 with MH inserts. If it was your watch would you try to find an MH insert or would you keep it as it is?

I like the 7763 as it is with the MH insert and leather strap so won't swap the two inserts over. I also think that the three watches are suitably different that I will continue to wear them in rotation

One of the reasons I have thought about the swap is from seeing this still from The Exorcist. The watch looks more balanced with the symmetrical insert:

2. 11630 GMT. I like it on the bracelet but should I try to find a bracelet for it? I have a GF bracelet currently on an 1163, is it easy (and relatively affordable) to find end pieces to fit the 11630? Or should this watch be on the Oyster-style bracelet?

Going back to the T and MH inserts, what was the difference, does one measure speed and the other one distance?

All help gratefully received.

Thanks,
Simon

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE