The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer Nomenclature Question - 1163 T/MH/V

Hello OTDers,

I have listed on ebay an Automatic Autavia 1163 (Black Dial, White register color variant, red accents) - I put in the title 1163T with Cal.11-i.

I thought that was an appropirate way to list it.

1163 is the case style

it's not a viceroy, so i excluded the V

it has a tachy Bezel, so i included the T (if it had an minute/hour bezel i would have put MH at the end)

I received an e-mail last night stating that the only watch that should be referred to as an 1163T is the Jo Siffert version.

My thinking is that the Jo Siffert Autavia is a 1163T (one of many) that has a specific dial color variant (White Dial, Black Registers, blue accents), but maybe I am wrong.

I wanted to know that i am listing the watch correctly - and thought i would ask the experts. What is the right nomenclature?

PS - i did not list it as a "Derek Bell" ;)

PSS - free shipping for OTDers in the continental US if you win the auction.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE