The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: And I don't see where you two disagree!

I'm just thinking out loud, which is a dangerous thing!

I didn't mean to suggest that Jeff wasn't aware of the rest of the globe, my point was poorly worded.

I'm basing my thoughts of assumptions and unknowns, which I know is not great as a starting point!
I guess we need to know a few things... Are there any 'Viceroys' marked on the case without the V? Do the siffets have a V, are there any 1163 cases without a V. Are there any pre-viceroy 1163s without a V?
How many (roughly) viceroys were sold through the promo, what would the figures be for a similar model not in the promotion. How many 'viceroy' style models were sold worldwide outside of the promo?

This would all help us get to the bottom of the conundrum. I can't see why the V would still be stamped on cases in the 80s. Ps. Sorry for errors, I'm on my phone!

Stewart

: The Viceroy promotion has an impact worldwide on Heuer because of
: the volumes involved, and Jeff is aware of Viceroy-style watches
: being sold in other markets too.

: HTEC was nominally its own company but was wholly owned by Heuer,
: mainly by Jack, just as the parent company then was too. And
: Jack was the driving force behind Viceroy as well, so you better
: believe Heuer Switzerland was involved!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE