The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Beautiful Watch
In Response To: Beautiful Watch ()

I've always liked 2-register chronographs; the bilateral symmetry is pleasing to my eye. And yet you're not alone in preferring 3 regs - the happy result for Eric of course is that the outlay is correspondingly less.

I get Chuck's point about functionality, but from a purely aesthetic perspective I tend to prefer 2 to 3 where registers are concerned. With some exceptions, mind - for me, a triple calendar needs an hour register as counterpoint to the day and month windows. A 2 reg triple calendar could look unbalanced.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE