The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: upon reflection
In Response To: Re: upon reflection ()

: Marks comments, as the resident Carrera expert makes me think
: again. There is no evidence of the lume plots at 3, 6 and 9
: which leads me to think that this dial has had some cosmetic
: work done. I should have gone with my gut. If indeed that is the
: case, someone has gone to a lot of trouble or has a lot of spare
: time to devote to creating unique dials. From a purists point of
: view it may have little interest but that does not mean it
: cannot be restored with correct hands and a good case polish to
: something you can wear and enjoy.
: On the subject of serial numbers, I have a Carrera with 187xxx
: serial and trackek other up to 189xxx so I guess 190xxx is
: within the known Carrera range.
: Apologise if I raised your hope with my earlier comments.
: regards
: Paul
: www.heuerworld.com

thanks paul,
no problem, would be worse if something with my 1158CHN was not correct, I would like to step deeper in the heuer world and yes I bought the carrera without thinking, just because quickly deciding that I like it.

thanks Mark
I'm always amazed when I look at a watch as in this case, I think so, hmm somehow I see something ....I do not really know yet. It's been so I do not trust the right thing, so I've posted the clock . When I read the decidedly explanations of you Mark, I think - of course, why havn't you seen it yourself like this, ...the edges on the subdials, the points on the date window...the Carrera has facinated me by the gray tachy scale and the silver dial without dark subdials.
Now it fits perfect , I have a pretty unpolished 190xxx case, sometime someone gives me, because he could not use it. The cal 11 was damage by water. There is an original set of hands, orginal 3-6-9-12 dial, which I put away for the carrera, but leave her as she is. I think this is ok.

regards michael

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE