The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: I have just been scammed or a watch was stolen in transi

Thanks very much Stewart and everyone who has emailed me.

I got off of the phone with AMEX which I use when paying for watches via Paypal as an extra layer of protection. I've been buying and selling watches online since 1994 and this is the first time anything like this has happened to me. When I examined the outside of the box when I first saw it, I was able to slip my hand inside of it through a flap and take out the packaging material inside of it. Oddly, the package was taped securely everywhere except along the main seam which wasn't taped. This could have been by accident or on purpose to show that an attempt had been made to properly seal it but not all the way.

I'm going to take some pics shortly and will post them.

Thanks again everyone for your advice.

Rick

: Hi Rick,
: Sorry to hear your situation. My only advice at this stage is to:

: Check the box for any tampering, and take photos.
: I believe the seller should reimburse you immediately, as they are
: the party who took out the insurance. So file a report with
: USPS.
: Also, I don't know how USPS works, but here in the UK, the parcel
: is weighed to determine the postage rate. Check USPS labels etc
: to see if there is anything that can tell you the weight when
: the package was presented to the Post Office by the seller.

: Cheers
: Stewart

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE