The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Price levels puzzle me a bit...

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the work on this. I studied the descriptions and starting range price levels. It looked to me that these prices ( in Euro) seem rather low compared to present prices. In many cases lower than the average catalogue level at the AH auction in London ( which was in pounds; today 1 GBP = approx. 1.20 Euro). Is there an explanation for that big difference ?? Today's typical buyers who go to an auction in Monaco may be affected by the economic situation, but that doesn't seem to have hit on today's Heuer prices I would say. On the contrary. Also have a look at Rich's website which is a rather nice reflection I think.

Does anybody have an explanation for these starting price levels? Are pricing eroding, are the watching in a so-so condition, or is it a Bonham marketing trick to attract more attendants to the auction?

Cheers
Ron

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE