The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Added to OTD: 44 Chronos for Bonhams Monaco Auction

Thank you Jeff for posting this forthcoming sale of ours in Monaco. There have been questions about the prices and various answers and I just wanted to say when we price watches we have to keep in mind different factors such as condition, markets etc etc.

The watches have lower prices than the ‘Haslinger Collection’ that we sold, as Arnos watches were unique in the fact that the majority were new old stock and came with boxes papers and other ephemera. I also highlighted that sale at every worldwide Bonhams car/watch event I could and the book and 'name' of Arno Haslinger did the rest.

The owner of these particular watches came to us with a view to sell and I told him the Monaco sale would be an ideal opportunity to place them as it’s only every two years when the Historic Grand Prix is in town. We hold the sale at Prince Rainier's Private Motor Museum so have a fantastic location to welcome car and watch collectors (any Onthedash members in Monaco that weekend and whishing to attend please let me know)

We will also be placing a further collection, of mainly timers in our Goodwood Revival sale in September and Onthedash will be the first to hear about that too. I’ve been a follower of the brand for 15 years and I hope these sales we do, contribute even if only a small amount to the awareness and interest in vintage Heuer.

I am happy to answer any questions I can relating to the watches
Regards
Paul Maudsley

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE