The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
a viceroy brought back to life..........

i had won this on ebay long ago a 1163v viceroy. it barely ran, and was beatup quite badly, but was in all original condition as far as i could tell. the original owner had passed away and his wife had kept it in a drawer for sentimental reasons. later she remarried and after many years told her new husband it was time for it to go. low and behold i won it. here is the pic i took of it, right after i had cleaned off all the years of caked on grime and crud......

i sat on it for awhile trying to decide whether it was worth doing a full restoration (aka protime) or better to send it to my trusty local watchmaker. finally i decided that i would send it off to tag heuer (aka protime/hans schrag).

so i got home today and to my joy it had arrived after many months. here is the pic right after i opened the package....

and the old parts that had been replaced by nos parts or at least that's what they told me?:).....

and the watch it self packaged......

and a side shot (sorry for the bad shots, i'm too lazy to pull out the tripod:))

the other side.....

and the front.....

sorry for the not so great pics. it was refinished to have the original sunburst on the front, which didn't come out in the pics. the crystal, pushers, crown, and gasket were all replaced with nos heuer parts. movement was completely overhauled, case refinished and viola!! almost like new again! thanks for looking!:)

j.h.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE