The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
The times they are a changing
In Response To: Autavia 2446T *PIC* ()

Great Autavia Rich, very different but at the same moment very familiar with its contemporary bretheren.
You are not alone in allowing your tastes to drift whilst on the Heuer journey. I've noticed many of our regular forum contributors have shifted focus as the years go by.
I for one must admit to the same "syndrome". Look at my forum name for example ( Darren Cal.11/12 ) it doesn't really take any strong powers of deduction to figure out how i came to decide the name. It was very relative to my focus upon all the automatic models at that time but i feel i too now tend to lean more towards some of the earlier model Heuer's, in particular the Valjoux 72 variants. To my mind the screw back Autavia's are now some of the most intersting models available. My first execution Autavia 2446 (big subdial) is one of my most treasured watches. I cant wait to match a pair of dauphine hands to this baby and give it back its original charm.
For those of you that have been a number of years on this forum i am sure will be able to feel exactly the shift in focus i have tried to describe.
Cheers - Darren

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE