The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
caution
In Response To: Re: EBay WW2 Heuer ()

Hi, I would be VERY careful to buy anything from Ukraine. I you look at the other watches this seller offer they all are fake or pocket watch conversions.

This Heuer might be genuine despite this sellers bad reputation. The early Heuer logo looks right. It's rare too see this type of logo faked. Unsigned movement is normal for this period. It was not untill 1945 that Heuer signed all movements.
The chronograph seconds hand is wrong and to short. And I am not shure about the minute and hour hand either. Maybe they should have been of the cathedral type?

I think there's some genuine Heuer DNA in this watch, but I would be very careful to buy anything fra these Ukraine Beay sellers. I did buy a Heuer from these guys some years ago, and the so called original Heuer dial was actually printed on paper and glued to the movement.......

Best regards

Jarl
www.classicheuers.blogspot.com

Messages In This Thread

EBay WW2 Heuer
Re: EBay WW2 Heuer
Re: EBay WW2 Heuer
caution
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE