The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
My Twitter Pal, Tom_Hanx, Needs a Chrono

My Twitter pal, Tom_Hanx, needs / wants a chronograph, and has posted a string of messages, which I will attempt to weave into a coherent request for recommendation.

Alright, I have a Zenith El Primero and a Nomos Zurich to hold onto. A Fortis B42 and Revue Thommen Pilot Carbon, which will go soon. I am searching for my next piece. Budget has to be reasonable 5k-ish to feel well. Lately have been tempted in various directions. Vintage military, new tough nails, pre-owned top shelf.

Things on the radar are: Lemania SAAF, Zenith Cairelli, Sinn EZM1, Sinn 6100, Sinn 6110, IWC 5445, Heuer Bundes 43mm, another Zenith. I wish to have a comfy bracelet but cannot force myself to like Rolex. Just not my vein. The IWC Ingeneur is too thick to my taste. The AP 15400 is not rubbing me well and it is roughly the price of a VC Overseas which in turn is old-ish.

So I am cornered into few objective criteria: 40-44mm, under 12mm thickness, bracelet as option, good (hi)story is strongly desirable.

Then we hit the purely subjective wall of beauty (eye of the beholder paradigm). Which makes it harder by the day.

OK, readers . . . Let's help Tom find his next watch!!

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE