The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Nice place to start Dustin!
In Response To: first Heuer chrono ()

Simple and elegant, the first gen Carrera. Although a lot of model variants exist, so there's often the temptation to add another... then one more... Perhaps I'm just weak-willed :)

The crown on the 7753 is usually signed and I've seen them between 6.4 and 6.7mm - the key thing is more the width, Carrera crowns are notably thin compared to many other Heuer crowns and it looks unbalanced with a thick crown. And I'd be wary of using the stop/start pusher, that cap looks about ready to fall off!

Just having the 1/5 second bezel in will make a big difference to the looks - I think people see some lines missing or it ages more than the dial and have it removed, but the Carrera just looks off without it, it's a key element in the design.

And finally, welcome to posting - lurking is fine but posting is more fun :)

Messages In This Thread

first Heuer chrono
Re: first Heuer chrono
Re: first Heuer chrono
Be careful!
Nice place to start Dustin!
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE