The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Poor Man's Heuer?
In Response To: Re: Poor Man's Heuer? ()

: John,

: Is the case stamped 73473 by the lugs by any chance?

Darwin,

The case is not stamped 73473 where a Heuer case would be stamped, nor is it numbered on the case body at all as far as I can see. The case back is marked on the outside in a cricle "Stainless Steel - AntiMagnetic - Shock resistant - Swiss Made - Water Resistant" and in the center of the back with the numbers 592 1-391-460. On this inside of the case back it is marked "Breitling Watch Co - Swiss". The movement is a Valjoux 7734 which says "Breitling Watch Ltd" on the V shaped bridge where it would say "Heuer" and "17 Jewels".

It is kind of an ugly little duckling but I have always been fond of the Omegas, Heuers etc in these ugly little "70s cases....maybe because I am a cheap bastard.

Thanks for the response and the catalog pix.

JohnCote

Messages In This Thread

Poor Man's Heuer?
Anybody seen one of these?
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE