The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
My Article re Chronomatics

“Longitude” -- Christie’s blog on watches -- has asked me to become a contributor, and they have just posted my first article. Starting at what some might call the "top of the food chain”, this posting provides an overview of the "Chronomatic" Heuers.

http://blogs.christies.com/longitude/brands/heuer-brands/the-chronomatics-rarest-of-the-vintage-heuers-2/

You will see that the posting includes some information about market prices from Rich, as well as some of Paul’s beautiful photos. As such, it represents yet another example of the fantastic collaboration by the members of the OnTheDash vintage Heuer community. You will also see that some of the information about the Chronomatics is derived from discussions here on the forum . . . in particular, our discussion of the mysterious, white-on-white Chronomatic Carrera dial.

I hope that you will enjoy this article – let’s discuss it here and also pass the along to your friends. More traffic will mean more Heuer content!!

I am looking forward to future postings for Christies covering some of the more attainable vintage Heuers, but – hey – we had to start somewhere, so we started with the Chronomatics.

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE