The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Two dials
In Response To: Two dials ()

Hi Stewart, well then I may be wrong - as Dave S correctly says, we have scant hard evidence and mostly rely on polite guesstimates.
I got my position after exchange opinions and - something lengthy - discussions with a few previous owners.
From photographic evidence scattered on the Net and from the very few ones that have come up for sale, the one with half-hour hashes seems the rarer. Still it may well be that the other one is commoner and simply doesn't turn up for sale because owners are so happy with it.
All in all, the numbers must have been so low that even the commoner of the two is always going to be very rare in absolute terms.
Cheers,
Fabrizio

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE