The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer Lemania Audisport Watch

Hi all

Thanks for being patient & waiting for the info which hopefully will shed a little more light on the issue with these watches.

I received by chance an email from a Gent who it turns out lives about 5 miles from myself called Nigel. I posted my watch on an Audi forum which i use regularly & he saw the watch & contacted me about it.
It turns out he had a big passion for Audis in the 80,s & his first car was a Quattro. In tandem with this his Sister was employed by Prestons of Bolton (again about 5 miles from me) & they new the Preston family very well. Prestons at the time were also Heuer UK.
Nigel saw this watch for sale & his father managed to get a deal with the shop to purchase one. They only had 1 on display so he had to wait a month to receive his watch.
His sister remembers that these watches were only sold by Heuer UK head office (Prestons) & all the rest of the stock were shipped out to Audi dealers. She also recalls as does Nigel that these were only on sale for about 2 months tops & the watch in the window resided on a very nice red display with a big Quattro behind it.
He also led me to an ad for the watch that is placed in an Audi book which is entitled Audisport, World of Rallying No6 by Marton Holmes. I have managed to source one via the web & now have it in my person. I will as Jeff asked get a high res scan for whoever would like it.
Nigel unfortunately had his original watch stolen in California about 4 years ago (he works in the UK & the US) and has trawled the web looking for another.
A few weeks ago he found one that Nic (Heuerboy) had & struck a deal.He hasnt got the original bracelet but is still searching for it.
He also recalled that it originally came in a blue box & not a red rally box & had an audi outer box.
He also knows that Hannu Mikkola has one and also David Sutton of David Sutton Motorsport & Museum fame. He thinks that all the drivers from that year were given these watches.
I hope this is a little more info & that it help the community a little

Here is a rare sight 2 Audisport Heuers on the Original ad.......Enjoy

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE