The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Another Mystery of the Vintage Heuers? 1158 w/ 110.255 Dial
In Response To: Same dial as a 110.255 ()

Same dial as a 110.255 . . . But in an 1158 case with 1158 hands. Hard to tell if it's a replacement dial or if the last 1158s used 110.255 dials at this juncture. It's hard to see how an original 1158 dial could have been damaged in this watch though, it looks in fine condition.

This seems to be the question: Did the last of the 1158s use this same dial as we see in the 110.255 or is this a 1158, with a replacement dial from the 110.255? Perhaps this will be one of our "mysteries" of collecting the vintage Heuers.

What made me think of the "replacement" secnario is that just a few weeks ago, we saw a nice 1158 CHN, with a scratch across the dial. Probably happened during servicing, rather than during use, but it was a scratch that would have bothered some owners.

My own view is that until someone can establish that the last of the 1158s used this dial, this execution will be "suspect".

Jeff, I'm not sure you mean 110.515 at the end? Those are the gold-plated barrels.

I have corrected these references in my original message. Thanks for catching this error, in the reference.

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE