The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Not that cheap really...

Jeff

I watched this one and as it sold for approx £5500 which if you look at the vintage Heuer price guide http://www.heuerpriceguide.com/#/monaco/4561058325 is inbetween dealer and private pricing on a 1133b in "Good" condition, it is nothing unusual. To achieve much better prices you would need to see the watch being very good or mint condition, also factor in the risk involved with Ebay...Sold prices are not usually much higher than this on Monacos on the Bay, although many ask more!

The watch cannot be described any better than good, due to the case polish, lack of some lume plots (not uncommon of course) and the evidence of old seal melt due to marks on the dial, would suggest possibly a grade slightly lower than good on dial alone.

I'd suggest to expect more for such a piece is wrong, mint pieces, unpolished with lume intact should be worth a very decent premium and are, nothing unusual in my mind. I have noted in the past 12 months+ a flight to quality, both for unpolished mint pieces or polished examples with mint dials/hands etc, i suspect strongly the gap between mint conditions and good/average will continue to widen.

Cheers
Rich
www.heuermonaco.co.uk

: OK experts, are we looking at a soft market or maybe a soft
: watch?

: http://www.ebay.com/itm/271076615823

: This may be a five-year low for a decent looking McQueen Monaco . .
: . or was it really decent looking.

: Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE