The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Soft watch
In Response To: Soft watch ()

I would not say over paid, but about right, still to me i'd rather see a dial which has age, marks, from seal/service/storage like this one to be in an unpolished case, it doesn;t look right to sit inside a polished case...i even think perhaps it would have been worth more with such a case...

Rich

: Case looked ugly to me
: if we add Rich's analysis, sounds this one has been overpaid

: A position that seems to be shared by the seller if we have a look
: at this other 1133B available from the same seller :

:
: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MINT-VINTAGE-HEUER-MONACO-1133-STEVE-MACQUEEN-CAL-12-NEW-OLD-STOCK-NOS-/271066074114?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item3f1ccc0c02

: seems very nice but pricing makes no sense to me

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE