The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: I Only Question the 'Execution" Label

Jeff

I think the screwback GMT is the 4th dial execution & so to me this "other" dial is also by default. To describe this way makes most sense to me, but there is no need for that to be adopted by others if they prefer another description. The Autavia book is not exactly the same as the Monaco book as the subject is less suitable for outright claims but our current thoughts, which mostly tally with "experts" thoughts.

I'd concur that test dials are not executions, i don't believe the dial in question is, and neither is the 7763C silver dial although only one has been found.

As we say opinions, some will agree, some won't, but i think we considered our opinions with some caution.

Happy 2013 to all.

R

Agreed -- so much of this is a matter of opinion.

: I am only questioning calling it an "execution" when we
: have no evidence that Heuer actually produced watches using
: these dials . . . we have not seen a single sample of a complete
: watch from the era in which the dial must have been produced. If
: every test or prototype dial is an "execution", then
: our list of executions of the vintage Heuers expands
: significantly. Look at the Monacos . . . not sure that I would
: label the test dials, with the 45 minute recorders next to the
: hour recorders, as an execution of the Monaco.

: Maybe it's just me, but I tend to think of an execution as a
: version of a watch that Heuer produced, rather than a sample of
: a test or prototype dial that has now been made into a complete
: watch.

: Just my two cents!!

: Jeff

: ++++++++++++++++++++++++

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE