The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
10 year Heuer Camaro project....

I bought this Camaro on ebay 10 years ago for $217.00. It was a real "train wreck" - the dial had been painted by hand, the case was overpolished and the movement had a bunch of missing parts and looks to have been used for a time only watch with no chrono functions. By looking a the crown you can tell that someone used this watch for a long time....

I started looking for another original dial right way but after about a year I gave up and had the original one refinished....

As this was only my second Heuer I did not know what the case was supposed to look like so I repolished the already overpolished case, replaced most of the movement, added some pushers and crown and had a running chrono but I was never happy with the refinished dial (something I never do now).
About a month ago a collector friend informed me that someone had I dial for saie on the Chrono Trader Forum so I bought it right away.....

Not black but that is OK. So today I finally got to put it all together. I did take the time to refinish the case correctly about 2 weeks ago. I am very happy with the end result....

This chrono has grown on me a LOT! I did not care for cushion case designs back them but I like them now. Its a very comfortable watch to wear. The most interesting thing about this project is that I probably would have sold it a long time ago if it had the correct dial but now its here to stay. I want to thank the seller of the dial and another regular on this forum for trading me some work for the fluted pusher caps. Its a happy ending for this most neglected Camaro.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE