The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Call for Carrera Ref 1158 Serial Numbers

Mark:

As is so often the case, you are correct. We probably have not seen 75 of these 1158s, but I would bet that we have seen at least 40 or 50 of them.

Let's see whether we can add to our list of serial numbers, by having readers post the 1158s and serial numbers. I believe that we have "bands" of serial numbers starting at

• 2258xx . . . span of 71 numbers,
  • 2409xx . . . span of 9 numbers,
  • 2440xx . . . span of 52 numbers,
  • 2491xx . . . span of 202 numbers,
  • then the stragglers, 3209xx, 3403xx, 3913xx and 3942xx.
Of course, I am not suggesting that these spans represent production quantities, as there is no reason to think all the numbers in the bands were used for 1158s (or were used at all). Can we add some "density" to these bands?

To get things rolling, here is serial number 249 150, with bracelet marked 4/72 (fourth quarter of 1972).

Send serial numbers by e-mail, if you prefer not to post them publicly.

Thanks,

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I promise we haven't seen half of TAG's stated 150 produced!
: There are a fair amount of repeats and a little churn going on.
: Once the profile of a watch is raised, you see more of them,
: it's simply a case of seeing what people are looking for. Back
: when I bought my CHN in 2009, SPY was probably around 5 or so
: because no-one was looking for the things, now it's the subject
: of many more WTBs, correspondingly more are coming out of the
: woodwork.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE