The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Carrera Crowns & Witches

Anybody care to summarise the latest state of knowledge on the subject of Carrera crowns: ie which models had smooth crowns and which models had signed crowns.

I searched the forum and saw the heated discussion on witch hunts and smooth crowns for the dato 45. I think the 5 Carrera picture posted by Jeff confirms some of the datos did have a smooth crown.

Is it as simple as smooth pushers = smooth crown (works for Lemania Carreras)? I would guess not that simple. That rule doesnt work for Autavias.

I sort of believe fluted pusher = signed crown in all cases, but smooth pusher can be either crown.

Maybe there a correlation between smooth crown and the smooth polished hands?

Anyone have an opinion or is it random?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE