The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Agree with Mark; 5,000 Euro Seems Very HIgh
In Response To: Re: Heuer Modena ()

I agree with all that Mark has posted; in addition to the German market aspect, perhaps there is also a time element, with the "Modena" becoming the "Monza", to celebrate a Ferrari Formula One win there.

Whatever the exact background / history, 5,000 Euro strikes me as an exceptionally high price for a Modena. So my advice is that if you might ever want to sell this one, I would be surprised if you will ever receive a better offer. Of course, the market for these Modenas is "thin", so there are not many comparable sales to study. Most Monzas will sell for one-third this price.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++

: Hi Thomas, and welcome to the forum.

: From what we can tell, the Modena was the Monza for the German
: market - most of them we have seen have still been in Germany.
: If you search for Modena here, you'll find what few entries
: there are.

: So, a rare watch but not one that's fundamentally different from
: the less rare Monza, so the price would depend on how much of a
: premium any buyer is willing to pay for that extra degree of
: rarity. From my view, a 5,-k € offer is quite a generous one,
: but for me Modena is a bit less evocative than Monza - Maranello
: might be slightly different, but I'd probably still opt for the
: race track in the end.

: Mark

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE