The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer Modena
In Response To: Heuer Modena ()

Here is a perfect opportunity for me to step back into the fold after some time out.
Both Mark and Jeff’s comments certainly have merit and many of the more experienced Heuer collectors would no doubt nod in agreement. As a Modena owner I cannot help thinking (or could that be wishing) that if Heuer was anything like Rolex, something as simple as a name change (Modena to Monza) with the former being made in very low numbers compared to the latter, would be highly sought after. But of course we are not quite in Rolex territory just yet and secondly, the volume traded is so low in comparison that in some cases like the Modena, there is simply no precedent. I don’t think I have seen more that 3 Modena’s before including the one in my collection. So, here are some pictures of the watch in question and if someone were to offer me 5k euro I would certainly be tempted to sell.

Regards to all
Paul
www.heuerworld.com

photo 48Modenano4_zps8e720b8a.jpg

photo 48Modenano2_zps7564dbc1.jpg

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE