The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
2 cents on the questions of...
In Response To: Re: Thanks ()

: Would be difficult to hazard a guess as to
: "who made who" but if I could,
: then I would say Heuer were the likely
: candidates to put the case, bracelet and
: dial together, and of course Lemania made
: the movements.

: The Lemania would be regarded as the poor man's

I think that Lemania made both because the lack of fluted pushers on the Heuer ( Heuer used them on 510.500 etc.. ) And I think the Heuer is the "poor man's" in this case because Lemania made so few complete watches ( they made many movements ) and the 24hr added complexity would make it go for more on the open market . Maybe the Porsche Design Orfina would be the Poor man's? or Maybe vice versa ?
Great Photos !! I would not kick either of them out of my safe for losing a few seconds !!
Cheers
LB

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE