The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
. . . or to Quote Red Adair, "Pick Any Two" *LINK*

Red Adair, the famous oil field fire fighter, was often asked to get his very best crew to put out a big fire immediately, for a rock-bottom price. His reply would seem to hold true for the repair or restoration of vintage watches:

"You can have it good; you can have it fast; you can have it cheap - pick any two."

In the world of repairing vintage chronographs, I have found cheap (but these guys got them wrong half the time and took forever); I have found quick (but he was also error prone); and I have good (but it has typically been slow and expensive).

With TAG-Heuer / LVMH, you are absolutely assured of top quality work; the prices are reasonable (and even cheap compared with some of these other shops); and the work may not be "quick", but it is often much quicker than sending the watch back and forth across the country, as someone tries to do a job that it really beyond his expertise.

I would have wanted Red for a tough oil fire; I'll stick with TAG-Heuer / LVMH for any Heuer that matters.

Click below to read more about Red Adair, who died last month. And by the way, what watch is he wearing in the photo shown above?

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I guess I'd rather have it right than quick.
: But to each their own.

: -- Chuck

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE