The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Identity theft information--PLEASE DO NOT DELETE

Hi Everyone,

the bad guys got me. My credit, bank, SS#, everything. Please all protect yourself. For PC users with windows, all information sitting on your "desktop" (i.e. the top level of windows) is extremely vulnerable to hackers. Keep all files at least one level below (i.e. in "My documents", etc,.).

Also, I have been told by security at my credit card company to call the credit reporting agencies (i.e. transunion,etc.) and add a fraud alert. If you contact one, they share the information with the others. You can do this free of charge even if you haven't been victimized YET. It prevents any new credit established without direct contact with YOU!

Also, at www.truecredit.com, for $12 a quarter, they will notify you of any change in your credit. I registered and found lots of stuff that should not have been there. It will show you all activity currently in progess and all activity outstanding. It's really great. I wish I had known about this site previously.

So far, 4 unauthorized accounts with $130,000+ in fraudlent activity.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! ALL OF YOU! PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION AND IDENTITY. THE NIGHTMARE IS UNFATHOMABLE!!

If any of you are victimized, contact your local police, the postal service criminal division (here in Socal the # is 626-405-1200). I am sure they can give you info. pertinent to your locale.

Furthermore, you can go to the FTC and complete this form:

http://www.consumer.gov/idtheft/

to be added to the federal database.

Thank you and all be safe.

Mike

michael

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE