The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
hi Michael, what a nightmare......

i'm not sure what you mean by this.....
"the bad guys got me. My credit, bank, SS#, everything. Please all protect yourself. For PC users with windows, all information sitting on your "desktop" (i.e. the top level of windows) is extremely vulnerable to hackers. Keep all files at least one level below (i.e. in "My documents", etc,.)."

when you say you had all your info sitting on your desktop, what do you mean?? reason i'm asking is i thought all files were kept under "my documents" automatically?? although i'm not very good with computing stuff, so any more detailed info would be appreciated.

i know of three people who had their identities stolen very similar to what happened to you...you have my sympathies as now the real nightmare begins trying to straighten out your credit and fix all the mess these dirtbags have caused you.

to end on a brighter note. hey remember this one??......

j.h.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE