The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: What are the upcoming models from Tag Heuer?

Hi Teeritz,

Tried on the New Aquaracer Auto and Carrera Re-edition Auto Chrono (Black). Somewhat disappointed. The Aquaracer look really like the Rolex GMT (black bezel) IMO but i find the red-tip second hand moving jerkily across the dial. Is it nornal? Or could it be due to the more inferior movement? Overall the watch look good though. The bracelet is light and i think hollow (also similar to Rolex Sub/ GMT bracelets). I am currently wearing a Link quartz and i find that a solid, heavier bracelet gives the watch more character.

As for the Carrera Auto Chrono, the thick case really don't fit my small wrist. Do you have such an experience where you find the watch impressive on paper but when you wear it on your wrist it just dun suit you?

Looking forward to the Link Senna Ltd Ed which you mentioned where i think they replaced the ugly looking (IMO) bezel with a tachymeter. I've seen the image on the Jap News site on Tag's official Website.

Just my humble two cents worth...

Cheers

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE