The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Last arrival: Monaco 1133B with unusual combo

Hi Gianluca, well congrats on getting this one out of the shops safe. A very rare watch & maybe even a rarer opportunity to get one NOS. I think every Heuer mans dream is to find something unsold with the red caseback sticker in place.
I agree with you that its a stunning dial , these trans metallics offer a host of colours , i love it when they suddenly turn dark :-)

There will always be conflicting opinions when a model doesn't conform 100% to expectations but keep in mind there are known variations - we have seen trans dials with blue lume which we assume are the earliest run of the execution after the chronomatic. Why would it be unreasonable to guess the last of the metallic dials could be printed with the standard execution font.

I like your idea to place it on the corfam , a great look in my opinion !
The very last thing i say to you is that you could always keep your eyes out for a set of transitional style hands - stranger things have turned up in the world of collecting Heuer ;-)

Cheers & enjoy - Darren

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE