The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Here are Photos / Now Tell Us the Story!!

:
: OK -- here are the photos . . . Now tell us
: about these beautiful Alfas (and the watches
: that you wear to really enjoy them).

:

:

:

: Thanks for the photos,

: Jeff

:
: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Thanks for the Post Jeff.

I will add more another day as its getting late now and I am not very good wrighter when I am awake,

I will start from the bottom photo up Old # 35 is known as the the "Ring Car" its a 1957 Alfa that is 1 of 10 made by S.W.Grizwold the fist fellow to race a Alfa/Ferrari at INdy500. (Alfa Ferrari where one before the war).

In the 80s I was racing a Super and won on MOthers day. I took the 50cent 1stplace trophy over to my Moms and the neighbor was out and saw My other Alfa Racer. She said her Uncle had a Old beat up race car in the back Garage. At the time I did not need more Alafas Or Chronographs ( What a Fool) BUt I wanted to see it. We could not open the doors as thay had been closed up sence thay had a new roof put on 25 to 30 yeras before. We got it open, And WoW In Calif. a real Garage find I saw the teck stickers and started asking ?s Thay said thay Meet this Guy Steve from Europe After the war And he said Let me buld you a REAL race Car. His name was Steve. I said Steven Grizwold. Thay said Ya, How did you know. EtcEtC Etc. By the way, It is raced and shown in its Original livery even the taped #s are the same ones. Thay had no advertizing rules in those days. It took me 1 extra year to restore it because I could not repaint it. and Im so glad I did not reapaint it. I have done a full restoration on the undercarrage and engin comp. I will send a Motor Photo to Jeff to post.

And the watch I like to where when I race it is a screw Back Wakemann Black Dial white subs with the S. Steel case thriple date It looks so correct with the race cars. Thats why i Like screwbacks as I have a lot of Clebars 3 daters I love but mine are all snapbacks The cleabars are 72c the wakemenn is a 730
More to come
Good Night for now.
Peter
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE