The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I'm not a big fan of the ETA/Dubois-Depraz movmt. *LINK*

: I am new to the Tag Heuer world. Most people
: seem to like the vintage peices, but this
: one caught my eye. I like the larger case
: size compared to the vintage and re-edition
: peices. Any feedback/opinions on this model?

I'm not a big fan of the ETA/Dubois-Depraz movement myself. I would hope that TAG-Heuer would consider the Carrera as highly as collectors are and equip the watch with a movement befitting it's heritage... The original Carrera 12 featured a Valjoux 72 movement, the 1964 Re-Edition featured the modern Lemania equivelent the c.1873 movement (same as the Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch), now this model bows with a Piggyback module chronograph movement...

I would much rather see TAG-Heuer offer a Zenith El-Primero (cal. 36) based Carrera in either Automatic or manual wind trim. But TAG doesn't seem to listen to me.

TAG confounds me at times... I also don't think the Carrera name is the best choice for the new Valjoux 7750 "Carrera" offering. I think they should revive the Pasadena name (or even the Pasadena!) or choose some other racing venue to honor (perhaps a 1 mile NASCAR or IRL track, like Rockingham, Pikes Peak, or Dover).

For more on the ETA/Dubois-Depraz movement, click on the link below...

-- Chuck

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE