The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: I'm not a big fan of the ETA/Dubois-Depraz mov

: Terrific article. I also love the look of the
: anniversary Carrera but and am completely
: turned off by the
: stacked--modular--nonintegrated chrono
: movement. Had TAG "done the right
: thing" and used a Zenith El Primero
: movement I would certainly have been a buyer
: for this piece at an even higher price
: point.

: At the risk of sounding petty or obsessed my
: problem with this type movement is the way
: that the minute counter hand
: "sweeps" instead of
: "ticking" in single increments.

: Unfortunately this module is used in several
: really cool watches besides TAG and Omega.

: Cartier Roadster Chronograph
: Breitling Navitimer 50th Ann. Edition and
: Girard-Perregaux Ferrari F-300 are three that I
: no longer own because of this.

: Just one picky guys opinion,
: Mike

MOvment info on these. The 2824 is a more robust movment with almost no weak points. But the 2836 does have some weak pionts. Thay are both very good time keeps when regulated. with in 5 sec a day easy.
I love the other Real Chrono movemnets over these pigie back ones also. Although the 5100 is very easy to service, these eta piggie backs are very similer to our very loved Cal 11-14 and the Speedsonic as you can take the chrono mod. off and do a service on the movement, and just a cleaning and oil of the chrono mechanism and re assemble. As long as a bad watch person has not messed with the eccentrics it will be servicable for generations. In the older days if there was aproblem with the chonograph Mod. we would just send it in and get a new one. I would bet that is what a US repair center would do now if there where a problem with the chrono funtions.
I am going to the TAG site to see these new Heuer you are all talking about. If the Zenith movmnet had a hacking second hand I would love toi see it used in more Heuers, But its hell to have a spot on time keeper and not beable set it with a true hack set. thay used to say at low winding just set it backwords, but I can tell you a wlk across the shop will wind it too much to set spot on.
But on the other hand I would hope buy now maybe thay have inclued a hack setting on the Zenith in the Heuers. Any body know? A Heuer should have Hack set.
PSB

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE