The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: I Am Chasing the Olive Green Brother

:
: I am currently chasing the olive brother - - -

Nice finds Jeff! On you know where Ebay there has been the Green Day/date modle that never sells for 1100.00 I find it by using the search "5100 chrono*" I have seen it 2 times this month. The 5100 will spoil you as it seems so easy to read and time things. I always keep trying to where other chronos as I like the movements of a more complicated works. but always go back to some make 5100 movment watch. The 5100 is very easy to service like a big clock, only thig takes a good watchmaker is the topside daydate , leavers. etc.

I see that your gray/silver one has the more stright min. counter and the black one has the more jet style. The books make these out to be 28,800 beet movments, but thay also have the slower beet. Have you looked close start the timer and see you can see the differance if you have the slower one. I have the slow beet on one of mine and it is the only one I have with the none jet type min counter. I have been trying to find out for years if this was a mark of a differnt beet.

:

:

:

: I mean, there is a limit to have many of these
: a guy can have (or wear) and I usually know
: what day it is!!

: Give me a flat crystal and five minutes, and I
: can give you a picture. Domed crystal? That
: might take five hours!!

: Jeff

:
: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE