The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re How I Love Heuer
In Response To: sorry Peter...... ()

: i can't see your pics, but i did see the ones
: Jeff posted for you....cool race cars!! if i
: only had the money, i'd be collecting cars
: as well as watches.:)

: j.h.

HI J.H.
Nice to here from you! Yes I see that, Heck. The post about watch benches is down there with the race cars 10/13/04.

I really enjoyed collecting and restoring Vintage historical vehicles. About 10 years ago It was too much of a burden, Batteries Ins. Gaskets. So I sold lot of the stuff.

It was My dream as A young child to have a collection of Historic Vehicles. But Reality sunk in. It takes much more income than a watchmaker/post War vintage grand prix restoation shop owner can make. I have saved a few american cars and Motor Cycles & few from other parts of the world.

But "Heuers" :Now there somthing one can collect and enjoy with out interference from the out side world of rules and regulations:.

How i did I get started with Heuers . well My grandfather was in W.W. 1 and gave me his pockit watch he got from his Uncle after the war. somtine in the 1920s. Its a Heuer P.W. with a stop watch also.

Then in the 60s 70s with interest in racing How could you not love Heuer and Longines. In the early 70s we started the vintage race car restoration and preperation. I Had a lot of watch schooling by then so It was just natural for me to also do the instruments, and what instruments are on some of those old cars!!!!! Chroncentric etc. So just fell into loveing Heuers .

Then I had the good fortune to work for a old 4 generation jewler as there watchmaker/regulator. We where a Heuer dealer along with others. we also where the Key system and Rail Road S.P. watch service center in Calif.

Do not get me started on High Grade watchs and the finish work.You can not beat American made watches in the,1950s down.

I have some split timers that would blow your mind how well that are made and the finish work on them and there 100% USA with solid California Gold rush gold cases. Never has this workmanship been equalled for the masses. How about wind indicaters as a normal option on the most stunning finished movments you can lay your eyes on.
Ya thats why I love the stuff!!! Its just stunning and the History Is incredible!!!

Take Care
Peter

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE