The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: that's quite a background......

: make my life seem very boring.:)

: if Jeff wouldn't mind...i'd like to see some
: pics of those gold rush cased usa made split
: timers. can't say i've ever seen any before,
: that i can think of? thanks for the
: background..it's very interesting to say the
: least. oh and yeah i did see your watch
: bench pics.....i do a little tinkering
: myself, but only on chinese made current
: junk watches and just for fun....i have
: shaky hands so i could never make a living
: doing that type of work or brain surgery
: either for that matter.:)

: j.h.

Hi J.H.

Yes that would be fine with me I would love to share some more shots, We will see what Jeff says , as I do not have a way to post photos as you saw he had to post them for me, I do not have a host. Of the splittimer I have some very good shots of it with 35mm the good photo stuff!

I can have my wife scan them for you guys.
and the back round Ya it all sounds great but its just life. the older you get the more folks think wow you have seen or done a lot. The secret is if you want a dinner thrown in your honer just live long enough. and be a desent person.

There is a old saying I have always loved.

"when a old person dies,
it like a Library burning down!"
Those China watch movments are going to be the next big thing with eta not wanting to sell movments out of its its own lines.
I have seen the 7750 copy form starwatch it a spot on copy . and I have seen one that has been modified turned waved the workes Wooo very nice.

Remeber when made in Japan was crapy made.
Now that is all I want my wife to drive. somebody has to have a car we can use for part runs.. Just kidding.

Well see what thay all say, as you can see there was no interest in my other posts.

Maybe its the way I write. I have always been bad at this, as English was not my 1st language. I have trouble with #s and letters and getting thought prosses to come out correctly do to a illness i had. I am fine. it was a blood issue and the brian. I can talk Ok now , but #s and writing take me for ever now.

If we get no interest here you can p.m.
me and I can send you the photos.
psb

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE