The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Really Good Post!
In Response To: Re: Really Good Post! ()

: Alistair here from ATG.

: I am also a collector. I think it's the chase
: for the watch you want that gets people
: going.

: Often once the watch is won you may lose
: interest and start viewing it as an
: investment when to start with it was a 'must
: have and no one will stop me life affirming
: purchase'

: Funny people, we are too smart for drugs I
: guess.

: Regards

: Alistair

here Here , I concur with all of this well done!

2 cents The people can get you down, I mostly sell my stuff through Jewery stores, That way I do not have to deal with the People.
I seem to make more $ and steady. rather then meating them and then giving them a far to good a deal.

My pet peve, is I pride myself on my work of old Chrono movments and I can say I have almost 0 comebacks in years, But the come backs That I have had where customer fialers, and thay are not honest. It just quit woking thay say, Thay forget to wind them or worse. Thay have damaged it buy droping it or such impact. I tell them No tennis no golf no Baseball no Hammering No Hot tubs, But thay still want me to fix somthing at No cost. Just this week I got a 2824 pigie back chrono. back because of a strang noise. Thay swear nothing happened just put it on that way1 day. the auto rotor was almost off the bearing. But thay had it 7 months and thay never droped it or anything. Ya wright, You know how much shock it takes to disloge a rotor.
In sales you get the folks who just DO NOT GET IT.
Ps I found a big dent on the lug of the above watch. I told them what happened and fixed it No charge this time. Buy me a cup of coffie. Next time there going to pay more.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE