The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Some thoughts on Bloging...

Very Interesting / The Modern Day Diary *LINK*

Posted By: Jeff Stein [Date: 12/7/04 18:10 GMT]:

If I understand these blogs correctly, they are basic diaries, which the writer chooses to publish via the internet, on a real-time basis. Of course, where Pepys and the other famous diarists worked with pen and paper, we will look to you for the latest in whiz-bang diary / blog technology, and I imagine that your blog will be a great resource for all of us.

Wikipedia defines weblog (or blog) as: a web application which contains periodic, reverse chronologically ordered posts on a common webpage. Such a Web site would typically be accessible to any Internet user. The term "blog" came into common use as a way of avoiding confusion with the term server log. Well that's all well and good, Wikipedia describes a bicycle as: “A bicycle, or bike, is a pedal-driven land vehicle with two wheels arranged in line”.

Where does this get us...

To me a blog is a quick easy effecient way to get content up in a searchable publishable and shareable forum with the least amount of fuss and lowest need for knowing FTP, HTML or any other acronym. The form virtually all blogs take is as Wikipedia stays it is “eriodic, reverse chronologically ordered posts ” but what it is from my viewpoint is a method to get content: text, graphics, pictures, links into a published pointable place quickly and easily. The nice thing is you can make it private to your self or share it with a finite group or post it's existance widely. Some examples... I could have kept it to myself and not told anyone, or created say a Family weblog and given privledges to post to anyone in my family, or tell everyone in a forum but only give them comment privledges. or any combination inbetween.

I don't know how much or how good the content will turn out to be, but I hope goest well. It looks like it can be useful...

And to David... It won't be just stuff I have written, but other news and posts I find to be of general iontterest that I may wish to revisit. Picture it as a public version of my bookmarks file with a running commentary... If one is interested in exploring setting one up just go to the www.blogger.com site and create one. It'll take you about 5-10 minutes.

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

(Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Chronographs, like many things in life, only improve with age…

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE