The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Bonhams Lot: Heuer Carrera 2447N

: A very strong price (6250 GBP or 9604 USD) for that watch! The case
: appeared unpolished, but I didn't expect that price. The lume
: dots look too big and may have been redone. Just look at the
: lume plots at 3 o'clock and 6 o'clock and compare to others from
: that generation to see what I mean.
: Best regards, Eric Wind

Whew. Really a very strong price, considering the partly missing stripe on the minute hand (the hour hand is hidden on every photo, why?) an the strange looking second-subdial with a darker area towards the center.

Do you remember the nice 2447 NS for sale on Chronotrader in January?

http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/chronotrader/index.cgi?page=1;md=read;id=37722

It was advertised "in the ranges of the Vintage Heuer Price Guide", which would mean something around 6-7000 USD, I guess. Less than two weeks later a similar watch (or most probably exactly the same: have a look at the dark 3 o'clock lume dot) appeared at Analog Shift, for 10.5K.

http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?page=2;md=read;id=75116

I am under the impression that my beloved Carreras will become unobtainable for an average wage earner like me in the near future.

Robert

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE