The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: You have 2 posts and now credible?! LOL

Purely for what it's worth from a recent 1133G buyer who sent himself cross-eyed examining every online image of these watches that he could find, not to mention absorbing Richard C's Monaco website and book like a sponge, what really kills this watch for me is the HEUER font. In particular the middle bar of each E is positioned so as to create noticeably more space above the bar than below, something I can't see on any equivalent watches. Plus the lower bar of the first E isn't parallel with the sloping border beneath it, whereas on the second E there is a parallel relationship. Yes I know a test dial could in theory exhibit features that don't match other examples but to me it just looks clumsy and wrong. Having a zoom facility on the ebay images would have been useful as potential buyers can't see whether the fonts have the usual seriph flourishes or not - I'm struggling to see any. (Incidentally there's currently also a 73633 on the bay with a similar lack of zoom facility but you can still identify that it's a non-original re-dial - currently bids are up to £2,350 with 7 days still to go !) Needless to say, simply on the strength of buying a 1133G after lusting after one for years I'm by no means an expert but as someone who was recently in the market for this model and did everything he could to become familiar with the details, I wouldn't be tempted. Which isn't to make any critisism at all of the seller. Anyway that's my comment for what it's worth. Welcome James, I only began posting recently myself.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE