The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Thanks, Francis . . . I Would Really Like to Learn More!

Hey Jeff,

Here's an interesting link to have a look at the different dial versions from the Bund:

http://brown-snout.com/horology/articles/heuer_bundeswehr_chrono/

Basically there were the normal "Bund" versions and watches issued to the Norwegian army (marked "Lufftosrvaret" on the caseback).

Helmut Sinn could buy the rest of the Heuer Bund production in the late 80's and 90's and modified some of them replacing the original dial by a Sinn dial.

I only saw about the "civilian versions" Bunds on the net, no other sources known from me mention a "civilian version" issued by Heuer. Maybe can anyone else help me about this?

Cheers,

Yuriae

Francis:

: Thank you for this message. I would really like to learn more about
: the various Bund models . . . right now, it's all a jumble to
: me: Leonidas / Heuer / Sinn German or Italian issued CP-1 /
: CP-2 issued versus civilian original versus service 3H / H3 /
: plain etc., etc., etc.

: It seems very difficult to assemble all this information, and to
: authenticate these watches, but if you have the information, I
: would love to collaborate, edit and publish!! And, of course, a
: proper set of hands would be great to have!!

: Thanks for all this!!

: Jeff

: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE