The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
My MONNIN 844 *PIC*

Hello

I'm new to the forum as one who is posting but have been following and learning for awhile. Just bought this Monnin 844 and I learned from some older posts on this forum that this may be one of the earliest versions as there is no MADE IN FRANCE and it has lower case professionel and cathedral hands. It seems to have a low 4 digit number of 3369 coupled with the 844 on back. There are no Monnin markings on the movement or case back. Just wondering if anyone can lend a bit more insight about this piece as I'm hoping it was a sound acquisition. Would love to relume the hands at some point to match what I believe is original marker Lume.

Thanks for any help! And thank you for a great forum.

Rod

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE