The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Beware of Jason Jindra! Shady Dealer!

Just wanted to give everybody a heads up that starting in November I purchased a vantage Heuer Carrera box from a listing on Chronotrader by Jason Jindra. If you do a forum search for "Jindra" you will find dozens and dozens of threads up until today selling all kinds of watch related items.

Once I contacted him, he requested that the transaction be completed through his listings on eBid, an alternative to eBay. He claimed this was due to lower seller fees so I obliged. He claims that he is based in the Czech Republic but that I could send a check to his parents house in Georgia. After doing so, he gave me a tracking number for an item shipped from the Czech Republic which reached New York and then attempted delivery in Boston even though I live in Puerto Rico. After that, the tracking info stopped working and after many communications with him over several weeks, he claims that the item was returned to him. To make a long story short, he always says he is too busy to pick it up from the post office or to reship it or give me a refund. So, after three months, and dealing with eBid customer support who eventually suspended his account after investigating the case, I don't have the box or my money back and he has stopped returning emails.

If he sees this post, maybe he will reply with another version of the events but I can assure you that is what happened. Just wanted to warn anybody else who has plans to purchase any of his many items.

Not sure about the forum rules here but perhaps a moderator should pin this to the top to alert others so that they don't fall victim as well.

The email he is currently using on the forums is jjjjindra@gmail.com

Best Regards

Simon

Messages In This Thread

Beware of Jason Jindra! Shady Dealer!
I've not had problems with him
Re: I've not had problems with him
Re: I've not had problems with him
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE